Position title: Vice President, Medical Affairs
Reporting to: Chief Operating Officer
Envara Health is a GI‐focused startup bringing breakthrough science, clinical evidence, and meaningful health improvements to the field of medical nutrition. The company is led by a team of life science and clinical nutrition veterans committed to addressing the widespread problem of malabsorption complications, unintentional weight loss and resulting poorer health outcomes. Our first product, Encala™, is a medical food that provides a source of needed, healthy calories, including the essential fatty acids, in an easily absorbable structure. Encala has been tested in multiple clinical studies and has also been shown to improve the absorption of other fat and nutrients from accompanying meals. Envara Health’s validated structured lipid platform is enabling the development of a suite of precision nutrient products that will address a broad spectrum of disease states, in both humans and animals.
The infrastructure and culture we are building at Envara Health provides an environment that cultivates innovation. We want to move fast to provide solutions to the patients we serve, knowing we can learn and course correct along the way. We are seeking exceptional individuals who will excel in our collaborative, diverse, fast‐paced environment and share in our mission to enrich health through breakthrough science that improves nutrient absorption. We live by our values centered on quick
problem‐solving, curious learning, straight‐talk, and accountability to pursue our vision to elevate nutrition to help humanity thrive.
Reporting into the Chief Operating Officer, the Vice President, Medical Affairs will be a core member of our executive leadership team and will establish and lead the Medical Affairs function at Envara Health. S(he) will work closely with other departments to lead the development of the Company’s medical affairs strategy. The Vice President, Medical Affairs will be responsible for designing and implementing medical strategies and tactical plans while providing thought leadership and execution. This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing, innovative company. In addition to salary and bonus, our
compensation program for all employees includes stock options and company benefits. Join us and build a successful future with Envara Health!
What You Will Do:
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with key external stakeholders (medical experts, medical societies, managed care organizations, patient advocacy groups, and clinical/medical stakeholders).
- Interact closely with the commercial group by providing medical input to the commercial strategy, ensure training and support to the commercial organization related to clinical aspects and ensure high quality scientific and core message integrity.
- Ensure the development and accuracy of medical nutrition/scientific content used in external company materials. Provide medical review and approval of all promotional materials in compliance with US and other relevant regulations.
- Develop and deliver disease state and clinical educational materials for sales training.
- Work closely with commercial, clinical/product development, and regulatory in designing and implementing strategies, clinical studies, and tactics for Encala™ and life‐cycle products.
- Provide medical support and recommendations to support Business Development opportunities including assessments of product and market opportunities, identifying unmet medical needs and clinical differentiating claims.
- Develop strategic imperatives and tactical plans to enhance healthcare practitioner education to improve patient outcomes, including Continuing Education programs.
- Attend relevant medical nutrition and scientific conferences to support sponsored speakers and presenters, ensure success of publication/communication goals, and participate in the collection and reporting of competitive intelligence within company guidelines.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of external exchange including conferences, industry groups, Ad Boards, etc.
- Lead the development and execution of clinical trials to support the efficacy of Envara Health products.
- Develop and refine Medical Affairs policies and procedures.
- Manage the Medical Affairs budget and be responsible for optimal resource allocation.
- Medical degree with 7+ years of Medical Affairs experience in the biopharmaceutical or medical nutrition industry.
- Extensive experience in the field of GI disorders or medical nutrition is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial planner with the ability to identify and capture business opportunities.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated track record of establishing trusted and meaningful relationships with distinguished external KOLs, clinicians, and subject matter experts.
- Innovative mindset with the ability to work in an agile environment.
- Experience in a start‐up company is a plus.
- Proven track record of effectively working across organizational boundaries.
- Strong commitment to ethics and compliance.
- Superior work ethic that includes working with an appropriate sense of urgency, ability to plan for the near and long‐term, and clear sense of prioritization.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully execute against multiple simultaneous projects.
- High energy, passion, and enthusiasm around the work that the team does each day.
- Ability to travel 20‐30% (US based, post pandemic).
Interested candidates should email your resume to: email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.